- Why do we need your information and access permissions
PayPro uses your personal information to provide the relevant information to our service provider and provide you the best possible services. We also require camera usage and access device storage with your permission if you want to upload documents and images as per the requirements of completing the PayPro Business self-sign-up onboarding process. We also require access to device storage to bulk upload your order and customer details.
- What Personal data we collect?
The relevant personal data we collect when you visit our site our use our app and services are, not limited to but include the following
- Registration and use information
When you are registering to use our App and services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data provided as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services you have requested. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, address, mobile number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data depending on the services selected.
- Transaction and experience information
When you use our App and Services or access our Sites, for example, to receive money, to process & make payments, we collect information on the transaction, as well as other indirect information associated with the transaction such as amount or requested, amount received for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information.
- Participant Personal Data
When you use our App & Services or access our portal, we collect Personal Data you provide us about the other personnel associated with the transactions as following:
- Send Bills
When you send bills or upload your bills, we collect Personal Data such as name, address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is receiving bills from you or sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using to send or request money.
- Request customer to pay a bill
If you use our Services to send and request a customer to pay a bill, we collect Personal Data from you about the account holder such as name, postal address, mobile number, email address, and other relevant details of the bill that you intend to request to be paid.
- Personal data that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services
If you request or participate in an optional Portal feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you. We will provide you with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that Personal Data differs from the uses disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
- Personal Data about you from third-party sources
We obtain information from third-party sources such as Government data, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our portal or app services
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey. This includes information provide by
- non-Account holders
If you use our Services without creating or logging into an account, we’ll still collect some personal data, which may include your payment information, device information, and location in order to meet transaction processing requirements. When you use our Services without creating or logging into an account, we will use this information to process transactions, prevent fraud and comply with the law. We may connect this information with your account, if you have one or if you create an account at a later date.
- Personal, Banking and Business documents for onboarding
We require access to your gallery, camera, and files to make sure that your required documents for onboarding are uploaded using each available method for your convenience. Camera access permission also allows us to ask you for photograph to verify that it is you who is making the account as well as easily scan the documents in case you have physical copy of a document only. Files access is required to assure that saved documents can also be uploaded. This allows for quicker onboarding and verification and a more secure business experience.
- How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, IP address, mobile number, and broader categories of information such as your professional, educational or health information, commercial information and internet activity.
The categories of Personal Information we collect from you depend on your interactions with us. For example, we may collect:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, government issues IDs (such as CNIC), IP addresses, and unique identifiers such as your usernames and passwords. We collect this information directly from you and from third-party sources for the purpose of creating and managing your PayPro account (“Account”), for communicating with you, verifying your identity, and providing our Services to you.
- Professional and employment-related information, such as your business name, your NTN-number, your company details, Payments and due date information, and other information related to your business. We collect this information directly from you for the purpose of administering your Account and providing you our Services, including facilitating your use of our payment services.
- Transactional information, such as credit or debit card numbers and tax IDs. We collect this information directly from you in order to process your payments for your orders. No card details are shared with the business.
- Commercial information, such as products and services you have purchased from us. We collect this information to maintain customer records, identify trends in our customer relationships, and conduct business analytics.
- Profile information and inferences, such as information about your preferences and characteristics. We collect profile information by drawing inferences from the above categories of Personal Information in order to understand your preferences and tailor our services and communications to you.
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Orders, use of methods to send bills and the use of methods by customers to pay your bills;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and mobile device;
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
In addition to the purposes for collection described above, we also collect your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To maintain and service your Account, including to fulfil your orders, to confirm your orders, to send you requested product and Service information, and to send you product and Service updates;
- To respond to your customer service requests and address your questions and concerns;
- To send you newsletters and marketing communications;
- To administer and improve our Services and marketing efforts, including measuring the effectiveness of the websites and app, diagnosing problems with our servers, and analysing traffic;
- To detect security incidents, to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and to comply with our policies and procedures;
- To comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
Further, we use your information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services to you and to help improve them, including to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- send you information about PayPro or our products or Services;
- contact you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming event or payments;
- Send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts; and
- Prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- We may use information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses PayPro and how we can deliver a better customer and business experience (for example, testing different kinds of emails has helped us understand when and how customers prefer to get payment Reminders), or otherwise at our discretion
Referral Program: PayPro has a referral program that allows our existing customers to refer our Services to others. If you refer someone to PayPro, we will let that person know that you generated the referral. For those that receive a referral to our Services, we may collect your contact information in order to send you the referral content.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Publicly, but only with your permission: We may share your Personal Information publicly with your permission. For example, with your permission, we may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the “Reviews” section of our websites.
- To Businesses: We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services to us, such as for hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). When you use our services, we may also share, with your permission, your name and business information with Service Providers to ensure that you receive the best possible service. Our policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for us and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To third parties outside of PayPro:
- If you join our Services as a result of a referral under our referral program, we may share your name and the fact that you joined our Services with the person who referred you.
- We may share your Personal Information our affiliate companies for them to provide analytics across the entire corporate family and for other internal business purposes.
- From time to time, we may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party to comply with a court summons, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
- We may also share your Personal Information to third parties, such as law enforcement agencies, when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To any other third party for whom you have given your consent for us to share your Personal Information.
In a corporate transaction: If PayPro is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share or transfer your Personal Information as part of any such transaction.
- Access and Choice
Account Settings: If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may modify or remove it by logging into your Account and making the changes in your Account settings.
Marketing Opt-out Preferences: You can opt out of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link contained in the email. We may still send you emails about your relationship with us and your transactions, including Account information and alerts, purchase confirmations, and updates to our products, services and policies.
Account Deletion: PayPro customers may cancel and delete their Accounts at any time. Before cancelling and deleting your account, please export your data using a private internet connection that is password protected. PayPro is not responsible for any lost or stolen data resulting from a customer’s lack of diligence or failure to follow reasonable security protocols during or after the data export process. Please note, if you do not export your data before deleting your account, there may be no way to retrieve the data.
After you have exported your data and stored it in a secure location, you may proceed to cancelling and deleting your account by getting in touch with PayPro management and have the account deactivated. You can reach out the team by email or other relevant methods.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]. Please understand that we will not be able to provide you certain Services if you cancel and delete your account.
- Tracking Technologies and Cookies
We use information gathered from these tracking technologies so that we can analyse trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may combine information we obtain through tracking technologies with other Personal Information that we have collected about you in order to make our Services, communications and advertisements more targeted to your interests.
Most web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Services, but your ability to use some areas of our Services will be limited. You may also opt out of targeted advertisements by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Do Not Track: Please note that the Services are not presently configured to respond to DNT or “do not track” signals from web browsers or mobile devices. As such, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests.
- Retention and Security
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account is active, as needed to provide you Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Customers who wish to exercise these rights should direct their requests to PayPro contact centre, they have the following rights:
The right to know. You have the right to request to know
(i) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you;
(ii) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
(iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected;
(iv) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months;
(v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and
(vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information.
The right to delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintained about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Services.
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfil your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an Account with us, we will use our existing Account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an Account with us, we may request additional information about you to verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf or communicate the above to the PayPro management via email confirming the deletion. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
- Additional Information
- What Permissions are we asking and what are they used for
We ask for the following permissions to ensure the best possible user experience
Access to Files in Storage
To Upload documents from user’s phone storage
Access to Camera
To allow users to scan documents and upload their profile picture using their camera
To copy OTP code from user’s SMS
Access to Calendar
To Enable reminders for important payment due dates
To direct user to directly “contact support”
To enable user contacts to be listed in p2p chat
Read Phone State
To ensure users data security
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13 unless required for the requested service. PayPro strictly abides by the guidelines set by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
The Services are not intended for use by children and children are prohibited from using the Services. PayPro does not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are the Services directed to children.
By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are not younger than age 13. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his/her parent’s written consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information.
If you are between age thirteen (13) and the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Services on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
- Contact Us
For help with matters not related to exercising your rights under the privacy laws, please contact us at [email protected]