WhatsApp Business is a free download and is specially designed for small business owners. The app makes it easy for you to connect personally with your customers, highlight your products and services, and answer their questions throughout the shopping experience. Create catalogues to showcase your products and services, and use specialized tools to automate, sort, and respond to messages.
WhatsApp also helps medium and large businesses to provide customer support and deliver important notifications to their customers. Here is how you can use the WhatsApp Business for your social commerce business.
- Download and launch the WhatsApp Business app: The WhatsApp Business app is free to download from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Tap the WhatsApp Business icon on your home screen.
- Read the WhatsApp Business Terms and tap Agree & Continue to accept the terms.
- While registering, select a country from the drop-down list, add your country code and enter your phone number in the international phone number format. After tapping done, tap OK to receive a 6-digit registration code via SMS or phone. Enter the 6-digit code to complete registration. For information on how to register your phone number, please see this article.
- You can add Contacts to the WhatsApp Business app from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, and files.
- Next you will need to create an account. Enter your company name, choose your business category and profile picture.
- You will also need to create a relevant Business profile. Go to ‘Explore’ and then tab ‘Business profile’. You complete your profile here by adding relevant business information for example, your business address, your hours, etc.
Now you can start chatting with your contacts that have been added to your WhatsApp Business Account.
Now we look into the ‘WhatsApp Business Tools’. The WhatsApp Business app has some tools to help you run sufficient business. You can navigate these tools by going to the chat screen and to more options on android or settings on iPhone and tap ‘Business Tools’. To explore these tools, go to the chat screen. Tap More Options on Android or Settings on iPhone. Then tap Business Tools.
You can show you customers all your available services and products via the business account. You will have to create a catalogue for your products on your Android or iPhone. WhatsApp for business also makes it easy for you to connect with your business. You can share autogenerated links to your new customers to help enable them to send messages to your WhatsApp business. You can label customers accordingly upon your requirement. You can categorize customer conversations into helpful categories like ‘new consumer’ and ‘pending orders’.
With WhatsApp messaging templates you can also create automated welcome messages to connect with new customers. You can set up a message letting your customers know when you will be back or create quick replies to common questions.
One of the most important aspects of WhatsApp Business is the ease of use and relevance. For this you can also use WhatsApp Business API account. It’s just the thing for small businesses. You would usually have a single user for your WhatsApp business however this is not practical when a team needs to use the WhatsApp for business as the app can only be used by a single user. This is where WhatsApp Business API shines. It’s simply WhatsApp business with multiple users.
Finally, you’ll need to setup a payment option for your customers to pay for your product. This is an important aspect to complete your whole small business environment. Otherwise, your business still looks incomplete. For this you can use LinkPay by PayPro. PayPro is an internet payment gateway service provider that provides multiple payment services. You can simply create a merchant account with LinkPay in the PayPro Business App or even use the LinkPay Web portal available to create orders and send customers payments link that they can simply use to make debit & credit card payments. LinkPay is a great product for business that have just started business and are looking for growth. PayPro helps business attain various payment options to make payments limitless. You can even have international clients via WhatsApp Business and receive international payments via LinkPay into your account. You can refer to our article on “How to Setup a Facebook page for your business” to further details on the payment process and watch the tutorial to go through the PayPro portal.